Consider tomorrow to be an early holiday gift if you’re a Realtor®, real estate reporter, or simply a real estate connoisseur.
That’s because at 10:00 a.m. ET, we’re releasing the 2015 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers (link goes to 2014 issue).
Each year, NAR’s research team surveys home buyers and sellers over a 12 month period to gather detailed information about the home buying and selling process. This survey contains great information and charts on demographics, housing characteristics and financing, and the role real estate professionals play for buyers and sellers.
Here are a few things to look out for in tomorrow’s release:
– Was the increased pace of sales over the past year the result of more first-time buyers entering the market?
– Are more buyers purchasing condos and town homes than single-family homes?
– How much student loan debt are buyers carrying?
– Are buyers putting down more money for a down payment?
– Are for-sale-by-owner transactions more prevalent given the popularity of searching for listings online?
Answers to these important questions and more will be published tomorrow!