In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, the National Association of Realtors® is focusing on all things green. A new infographic released today breaks down how green home features influence buyers’ purchasing choices.
Here are some highlights:
- Ten percent of the 34 and younger age group described the reason for their new home purchase as for green/efficiency reasons.
- Nine percent of 35 to 49 year olds and 60 to 68 years olds also said that green/ energy efficiency was the reason for their newly-built home purchase.
- The importance of the home’s environmentally friendly features which were described as very important or somewhat important included:
- Heating and cooling costs: 86 percent
- Energy Efficient Appliances: 68 percent
- Energy Efficient Lighting: 66 percent
- Landscaping for Energy Conservation: 46 percent
- Environmentally Friendly Community Features: 47 percent
- Solar Panels Installed on Home: 11 percent
For more information, visit economistsoutlook.blogs.realtor.org